Thu, Oct 12|
Philly Cheese School
Cocktails & Cheese Class w/ Fever-Tree
PCS is excited to partner with international mixer brand, Fever-Tree to get a pro’s take on crafting cocktails and pairing them with cheeses!
Time & Location
Oct 12, 2023, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Philly Cheese School, 701 S 9th St, Philadelphia, PA 19147, USA
About the event
In this unique and fun pairing class, you’ll be presented with a flight of cocktails and accompanying artisanal cheeses, expertly paired to go with the drinks. You’ll taste and sip your way through the spread while learning about the items served, and how to pair cheeses with beverages of all kinds. The cocktails featured will be a mix of recognizable favorites and newer creations.
Fever-Tree’s Samantha Kane will be in the house to introduce us to some of her favorite cocktails, and PCS’s Julia Birnbaum will lead the class alongside Sam as they present some spectacular pairings. Not only is Sam a cocktail expert, she also took a big bite out of the cheese industry before her role at Fever-Tree. She is an American Cheese Society Certified Cheese Professional (a big deal in the Cheese World), so she understands the nuance of cheese better than most and is sure to introduce us to some memorable sip+bite combos.
After class, participants will have access to the PCS Classroom Gift Shop, stocked with PCS merchandise and a rotating selection of cheese-themed gift items.
Learn More About Samantha Kane ACS CCP:
“My name is Sam, and I am currently the Regional Key Account Manager- Northeast for Fever-Tree USA. I have been with them since the early spring 2022 and prior to that I was working in cheese for almost a decade. I fully blame (and thank) the Di Bruno Bros. family for creating such an exciting cheese counter that lured me in, eating until my heart was content! My whole cheese journey started there, even before they employed me. I am a Certified Cheese Professional through the American Cheese Society, and in my past life I was a Sous Chef at a few restaurants around Philadelphia. To clarify, my whole life has revolved around food, and every job I have had, enveloped me further into the food and beverage industry. I am a huge Curd Nerd and love talking about food, pairings, recipe testing, and traveling just to eat in new places.
I have been able to see the world through the lens of restaurants and farmers, compete in cheese and cooking competitions that allowed me to meet some of my closest and most beloved friends, and learn something new every single day from the exceptional people that truly shine in our quirky industry of hospitality, food and beverage.
By far, sharing the story of connecting to food, the enjoyment of connecting to people, and the delight that curiosity brings, is what makes me want to keep doing this every day. I cannot wait to see what tomorrow will hold.”
Follow Sam’s delicious adventures on Instagram @curd_creations, and stay in the loop with Fever-Tree @fevertree_usa!
- All public classes are BYOB and open only to adults 21+. This class will take place at the brand new PCS Classroom, click here for more info about the space.
- In order to receive a full refund or reschedule, cancellations must be made 24 hours prior to the scheduled event time.
- This page will only show the amount of tickets which are still available for purchase. For example, if you are only able to buy 1 ticket then that means only one seat remains in class.
- If you are purchasing tickets for a group of 6 or more, please consider booking a private event with us instead.
- If you wish to purchase a ticket using a gift card please email email@example.com with the class you want to attend, the number of tickets needed and your gift card code number.