Wed, Oct 04|
Philly Cheese School
Cider & Cheese Pairing Class w/ Hale & True Cider Co.
PCS is excited to partner with Hale & True to bring you a class celebrating this tasty combo.
Time & Location
Oct 04, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Philly Cheese School, 701 S 9th St, Philadelphia, PA 19147, USA
About the event
We are so excited to collaborate with our South Philly neighbors, Hale & True Cider Co. to offer a class all about pairing cheeses with their tasty ciders! Join us for this guided tasting experience featuring a carefully crafted spread of 4 ciders and 4 stunning cheeses to compliment them.
Kerry McKenzie, the co-owner and cider maker at Hale & True will be in the house to introduce us to some of his favorite pours, and Philly Cheese School's Julia Birnbaum will lead the class alongside Kerry as they present some spectacular pairings. This winning combo is sure to wow, and this class is a great way to support two South Philly small businesses.
More About Kerry McKenzie:
Kerry McKenzie is the cider maker and co-owner of Hale & True Cider Co. in Philadelphia, PA. Kerry began his fermentation journey shortly after graduating college. In their tiny Old City apartment, Kerry and his wife Risa started fermenting everything they could get their hands on, including kimchi, sauerkraut, kombucha, and eventually, cider. After making his first batch, Kerry began obsessively reading about and fermenting cider. Eight years later, he continues to be passionate about making and teaching others about cider, apples, and the history of cider making.
More About Hale & True Cider Co.:
"Hale & True opened in April 2018, but the planning started years before that. In 2013, we made our first batch of cider in our tiny Old City apartment. It was naturally dry and delicious. After that, we were sold. Now, we are excited to share our love of making and drinking cider, highlighting its diversity, and supporting local agriculture.
Our award-winning cidery and taproom is located in Philadelphia, right off South Street. We serve cider made on-site, as well as other local beer, wine, spirits, and small plates. Our cider is also available for shipping nationwide, and at select bars and restaurants in the Philadelphia area."
Follow Hale & True's' excidering adventures on Instagram: @haleandtrue
After class, participants will have access to the PCS Classroom Gift Shop, stocked with PCS merchandise and a rotating selection of cheese-themed gift items.
- All public classes are open only to adults 21+. This class will take place at the PCS Classroom, click here for more info about the space.
- In order to receive a full refund or reschdule, cancellations must be made 24 hours prior to the scheduled event time.
- This page will only show the amount of tickets which are still available for purchase. For example, if you are only able to buy 1 ticket then that means only one seat remains in class.
- If you are purchasing tickets for a group of 6 or more, please consider booking a private event with us instead.
- If you wish to purchase a ticket using a gift card please email email@example.com with the class you want to attend, the number of tickets needed and your gift card code number.
Oct 03, 5:00 PM
This class is for adults 21+.