Mon, Oct 23|
Philly Cheese School
Cider & Cheese Pairing Class w/Amy Hartranft of Philly Cider Week
Celebrate Philly Cider Week with cheese!
Time & Location
Oct 23, 2023, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Philly Cheese School, 701 S 9th St, Philadelphia, PA 19147, USA
About the event
We are thrilled to invite you to a delectable and educational experience that celebrates the art of cider and cheese pairing in honor of Philly Cider Week. Prepare your taste buds for a journey like no other as we explore the delightful world of craft ciders and artisanal cheeses, guided by an esteemed cider expert and our inhouse cheese nerd!
During this unique tasting class, you will have the opportunity to savor 4 exquisite craft ciders thoughtfully paired with 4 hand-selected artisanal cheeses. Whether you're a seasoned cider enthusiast or a curious novice, this event promises to be a mouthwatering adventure through a diverse range of flavors and textures.
Amy Hartranft, co-founder of Philly Cider Week, brings a wealth of knowledge and passion for the world of apples, fermentation, and craft cider. She will walk you through the cider-making process, the nuances of various cider styles, and how to appreciate the complexity of each pour. And of course, PCS's Julia Birnbaum will be there to present and talk about the cheeses.
We look forward to sharing this delightful evening with you during Philly Cider Week. Come join us for a celebration of flavors, education, and, most importantly, good company. See you there!
More About Amy Hartranft:
Amy Hartranft has been working in the Philly hospitality industry for the past seventeen years. During that time she has cultivated a love and curiosity for all of the fermented and distilled beverages but especially those that derive their strength and depth from a connection to the land on which they were grown. For the past seven of those years, understanding cider has been her passion as well as sharing what a diverse beverage, both locally and globally, it is with anyone who will listen. Cider is an agricultural product fermented from apples, a process most similar to that of wine, and the best, most interesting liquids don't come from your average grocery store varieties.
More About Philly Cider Week
Since its inception in 2018, Philly Cider Week has connected cider enthusiasts across industries in Philadelphia through thoughtful programming. Cider sales thrive when they have their own section on a menu and our annual week of events allows establishments to experience the viability of featuring ciders more prominently year round and encourages new relationships between small businesses. At its core, PCW’s mission is to educate and raise the awareness of cider as an agricultural beverage. Learn more about Philly Cider Week here!
After class, participants will have access to the PCS Classroom Gift Shop, stocked with PCS merchandise and a rotating selection of cheese-themed gift items.
- All public classes are open only to adults 21+. This class will take place at the PCS Classroom, click here for more info about the space.
- In order to receive a full refund or reschdule, cancellations must be made 24 hours prior to the scheduled event time.
- This page will only show the amount of tickets which are still available for purchase. For example, if you are only able to buy 1 ticket then that means only one seat remains in class.
- If you are purchasing tickets for a group of 6 or more, please consider booking a private event with us instead.
- If you wish to purchase a ticket using a gift card please email email@example.com with the class you want to attend, the number of tickets needed and your gift card code number.