Thu, Feb 01|
Philly Cheese School
Cheese & Cookie Pairing Class
Pairing cookies with cheese is a great way to create new flavor combinations that are both delicious and fun. Come join us in the PCS Classroom to find out how it's done!
Time & Location
Feb 01, 2024, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Philly Cheese School, 701 S 9th St, Philadelphia, PA 19147, USA
About the event
Looking for a unique way to sweeten up your cheese plate? Have a sweet tooth, AND a love for cheese? Simply looking for a tasty and fun night out? Learn the basics of pairing cookies with cheese! We’ll show you some pairing tricks and teach you how to craft a delicious a cheese platter that's accented with everyone's favorite sweet treat.
Upon entering our beautiful space, you will be greeted with a plate of 4 artisanal cheeses expertly paired with 4 classic cookies. Then, an industry professional will guide you through the basics of pairing as you taste through the plate. You'll learn about those cheeses, their producer, style, tasting tips and more in this hour long class. We'll also go over how to pair these cheeses with other sweet treats, and talk about how to encorporate cookies into your cheese plate to make it visually appealing as well as deliciously balanced.
After class, participants will have access to the PCS Classroom Gift Shop, stocked with PCS merchandise and a rotating selection of cheese-themed gift items.
About Your Instructor:
Alex Stanton is an American Cheese Society Certified Cheese Professional (a very big deal in the Cheese World), so she understands the nuance of cheese better than most! Alex dove head first into the world of cheese a number of years ago, and these days she spends her days sourcing incredible cheeses for sale and crafting stunning custom cheese boards and boxes for her South Jersey-based business, Laverna's.
Follow Alex’s cheesy adventures on Instagram: @lavernascheese
- All public classes are BYOB and open only to adults 21+. This class will take place at the brand new PCS Classroom, click here for more info about the space.
- In order to receive a full refund, cancellations must be made 24 hours prior to the scheduled event time.
- This page will only show the amount of tickets which are still available for purchase. For example, if you are only able to buy 1 ticket then that means only one seat remains in class.
- If you are purchasing tickets for a group of 6 or more, please consider booking a private event with us instead.
- If you wish to purchase a ticket using a gift card please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the class you want to attend, the number of tickets needed and your gift card code number.