Wed, May 31|
Philly Cheese School
Welcome to Cheese!
Time & Location
May 31, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM EDT
Philly Cheese School, 701 S 9th St, Philadelphia, PA 19147, USA
About the event
Upon entering our beautiful space, you will be greeted with a plate of 5 artisanal cheeses plus crackers (gluten-free available!) and some yummy pairings. Then, an industry professional will guide you through the basics of cheese as you taste through the plate one cheese at a time, together as a group. You'll learn about those cheeses, their producer, style, pairing suggestions, tasting tips and more in this hour long, BYOB class. You'll leave with a bunch of tasty new knowledge along with more confidence when shopping for cheese or designing your next cheese plate at home.
After class, participants will have access to the PCS Classroom Gift Shop, stocked with PCS merchandise and a rotating selection of cheese-themed gift items.
About Your Instructor:
Alex Stanton is an American Cheese Society Certified Cheese Professional (a very big deal in the Cheese World), so she understands the nuance of cheese better than most! Alex dove head first into the world of cheese a number of years ago, and these days she spends her days sourcing incredible cheeses for sale and crafting stunning custom cheese boards and boxes for her South Jersey-based business, Laverna's.
Follow Alex’s cheesy adventures on Instagram: @lavernascheese
- All public classes are BYOB and open only to adults 21+. This class will take place at the brand new PCS Classroom, click here for more info about the space.
- In order to receive a full refund, cancellations must be made 24 hours prior to the scheduled event.
- This page will only show the amount of tickets which are still available for purchase. For example, if you are only able to buy 1 ticket then that means only one seat remains in class.
- If you are purchasing tickets for a group of 6 or more, please consider booking a private event with us instead.
- If you wish to purchase a ticket using a gift card please email email@example.com with the class you want to attend, the number of tickets needed and your gift card code number.
May 30, 5:00 PM EDT
This class is for adults 21+.