Thu, May 18|
Philly Cheese School
Champagne, Sparkling Wine & Cheese Class w/ Santé
PCS is thrilled to partner with Daniel Solway, Philly sommelier and founder of Santé, to bring you a class celebrating bubbly wines and the cheeses that love them.
Time & Location
May 18, 2023, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Philly Cheese School, 701 S 9th St, Philadelphia, PA 19147, USA
About the event
This unique class is an exciting opportunity for wine lovers who are eager to expand their knowledge of sparkling wines and cheese pairing. The class will be led by two experts in the field: PCS owner Julia Birnbaum and sommelier Dan Solway.
Participants will have the chance to taste four expertly selected sparkling wines, each paired with a carefully chosen artisanal cheese. The wines on offer will include some of the finest sparkling wines of the season, with at least one true Champagne for that extra touch of luxury.
The class will be conducted in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere, without any of the stuffiness that can sometimes be associated with wine education. Julia and Dan will share their knowledge and expertise in a way that is accessible and engaging, allowing participants to deepen their understanding of pairing cheese with sparkling wines.
Overall, this promises to be an unforgettable evening of sipping, savoring, and learning, with a focus on the finest sparkling wines for Springtime. So, mark your calendars and get ready to expand your wine knowledge in the company of like-minded enthusiasts.
More About Daniel Solway and Santé:
Daniel Solway is a Philly-based sommelier. He is founder of Santé, an events business specializing in wine tastings, dinner parties, and private catering. Daniel collaborates with different up-and-coming chefs around the city to create unique dinner parties out of his home in the Italian market, complete with wine pairings, an amaro cart, and more. Daniel has worked at many reputable restaurants and wine shops in New York and Philadelphia including, Oxalis, the Finch, June, Henry's Wine & Spirits, and DiBrunos. He has also worked on vineyards in Austria, Champagne, New Zealand, and Germany. He is committed to making wine fun and accessible for everyone.
Follow Daniels' tasty adventures on Instagram: @santephl
After class, participants will have access to the PCS Classroom Gift Shop, stocked with PCS merchandise and a rotating selection of cheese-themed gift items.
- All public classes are open only to adults 21+. This class will take place at the PCS Classroom, click here for more info about the space.
- All guests must be prepared to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon entering.
- This page will only show the amount of tickets which are still available for purchase. For example, if you are only able to buy 1 ticket then that means only one seat remains in class.
- If you are purchasing tickets for a group of 6 or more, please consider booking a private event with us instead.
- If you wish to purchase a ticket using a gift card please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the class you want to attend, the number of tickets needed and your gift card code number.