Fri, May 12|
Philly Cheese School
Beer & Cheese Class w/ Meredith Rebar of Home Brewed Events
Come taste some cheese and sip some brews with some industry pros!
Time & Location
May 12, 2023, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Philly Cheese School, 701 S 9th St, Philadelphia, PA 19147, USA
About the event
Philly Cheese School is excited to partner with Home Brewed Events to offer a beer and cheese pairing class! HBE's owner, Meredith Rebar knows that a good beer deserves a great cheese, and she also knows that the best way to explore the world of beer is by tasting it with friends, alongside some carefully chosen dairy delights.
Join us in the PCS Classroom where you'll be guided through an hour-long tasting of four beers, expertly paired with four artisanal cheeses. Meredith Rebar, beer educator and experienced brewer, will co-lead the class alongside PCS’s Julia Birnbaum and both will offer insight on the products featured, as well as pairing, serving and tasting tips.
After class, participants will have access to the PCS Classroom Gift Shop, stocked with PCS merchandise and a rotating selection of cheese-themed gift items.
About Meredith Rebar:
Meredith has a passion for brewing and creating unique and specialized events around fermented beverages. Meredith began her career managing and producing special events and concerts at the Abbey Bar as part of Appalachian Brewing Company in Harrisburg, PA. She was also part of the Tasting Room and Event Team that opened the new Troegs Brewing Company location in Hershey, PA. After moving to Philadelphia to be a part of the burgeoning beer scene, she joined Origlio Beverage as a Corporate Communications Specialist. While writing articles for seasonal publications Draught Lines and Heady Times, she learned a lot about craft beer wholesaling and how to incorporate social media effectively for business growth.
In 2013, Meredith founded Home Brewed Events, specializing in local beer, cider, and spirits centric events in and around Philadelphia. Meredith brewed professionally at Saint Benjamin Brewing Company from 2016 to 2019, where she was a member of the small brewing team and hosted brewery exclusive events. Meredith chairs the Philly Loves Beer Education Committee and is a founding member of the Philadelphia Chapter of the Pink Boots Society, whose mission is to assist, inspire and encourage women and non-binary individuals in the fermented/alcoholic beverage industry through education.
- All public classes are open only to adults 21+. This class will take place at the brand new PCS Classroom, click here for more info about the space.
- All guests must be prepared to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon entering.
- This page will only show the amount of tickets which are still available for purchase. For example, if you are only able to buy 1 ticket then that means only one seat remains in class.
- If you are purchasing tickets for a group of 6 or more, please consider booking a private event with us instead.
- If you wish to purchase a ticket using a gift card please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the class you want to attend, the number of tickets needed and your gift card code number.
General Admission$65.00Sold Out
This event is sold out